Friday, October 11, 2013

LOCAL DEALS: Harris Teeter e-VIC coupons

  I do not claim to be a couponing guru. I actually don't use them that often, mostly because they are usually for things I don't often buy. But when we got a Groupon for the N&O Sunday paper (where most coupons originate), I thought, what the heck, let's see if I can save a little money.
  Everyone knows how paper coupons work. Clip, present, and if you are lucky they double or sometimes event triple them. But at Harris Teeter there is even a another layer. Enter the e-VIC coupon. So if you have a VIC card (their customer loyalty card), you can go on-line and sign up for e-VIC. By doing this you get an email once a week with specials on about 10 items that are only offered to e-VIC members. In addition, you get access to their e-VIC coupons which you download to your VIC card. Now here is the kicker: These e-VIC coupons can be used IN ADDITION to your paper coupons (which already get doubled). Even if you just buy one of the items, you can us BOTH coupons. This can mean huge savings (sometimes even getting things for free). For example, I just got a box of Total Raisin Bran for $.75. It was already a VIC special at $2.50 and I had a paper coupon for $.50 (which was doubled). Then add on the $.75 eVIC coupon and bam! Cereal for $.75.

No comments:

Post a Comment